Terms and Conditions

Please take the time to read and understand the conditions of booking set out below prior to booking an Active Break or an Activity with us. We strongly recommend that you also read the detailed information at this website relating to your Active Break/Activity prior to booking to ensure that you understand the itinerary, style and physical demands of the trip you are undertaking.

1. Our agreement

These booking terms and conditions apply to bookings you make with Stoked Surf Bali trading as Active Bali (whether by phone or email or text) as well as online bookings you make on our website or on our related sites (including travel agents and partners) offering our products. We will rely on the authority of the person making the booking to act on behalf of any other participant on the booking and that person will bind all such participants to these terms and conditions.


Active Breaks

You are required to pay a 25% deposit at the time of booking The remaining balance is due 30 days prior to the start of your Active Break

If your booking is made within 30 days of the departure date, then the full amount is payable at the time of booking.


All Activities should be paid in full at the time of booking

3. Aknowledgement of the Nature of Activities booked and possible changes to itinerary

Many of our activities are affected by factors such as the prevailing weather conditions at the time of the planned activity including sea, river, lake, road and track conditions. Sometimes it may not be possible to proceed with a planned activity. In this eventuality those who have booked an individual activity will be given a credit to undertake the activity on a different day.

If you are on an Active Break and cannot undertake an activity, we will try to arrange a suitable alternative activity for that day or where possible change the itinerary to be able to do it on another day. If neither of these options are available, you will be provided a credit voucher to return and undertake the activity on any other day within the next year.

4. Refund Policy

  • Cancellations made 28 days or more before the planned lesson/tour/package will incur a 10% cancellation fee based on the full cost of the booking made. The remaining 90% will be refunded within 10 days of the cancellation.
  • Cancellations made 14-27 days before the planned Active Break/Activity will incur a 25% cancellation fee based on the full cost of the booking made. The remaining 75% will be refunded within 10 days of the cancellation.
  • Cancellations made 72 hours-13 days before the planned Active Break/Activity will incur a 35% cancellation fee based on the full cost of the booking made. The remaining 65% will be refunded within 10 days of the cancellation.
  • Cancellations made within 72 hours days of the planned Active Break/Activity will incur a 100% cancellation fee.
  • No refund is payable once guests commence an Active Break/Activity
  • No refund is payable for bad weather and/or conditions that prevent the activity from being undertaken however if you are unable to undertake your activity as a result of unsuitable conditions, a credit voucher will be provided with a validity of one year
  • No refund is payable if a guest is injured during an Active Break/Activity
  • If we cancel your trip due to reasons other than a force majeure event you will receive a full refund.
  • If we cancel your trip due to a force majeure event (these include, but are not limited to, war, riots, government action, terrorism, fire, weather conditions, strike action and all similar events outside the Company’s control which prevent or affect the Company’s contractual obligation) you will receive 100% credit to use for a future trip or a refund, less unrecoverable costs.

5. Booking Changes

If you wish to change your booking dates, please advise us as soon as possible. Whilst no guarantee is given we will do our best to accommodate your change request.

Please note:

  • * Changes to the booking date for an Activity cannot usually be processed if less than 24 hours notice given to us
  • * Changes to the booking date for an Active Break cannot usually be processed if less than 8 days notice given to us

6.Information from you

In order for us to process your booking, we will require certain details about each participant. If you do not provide the required information, we cannot finalise the booking. Personal information is collected and managed in accordance with our privacy policy.

7. Inclusions

Please refer to your Active Break Itinerary or Activity information Please note: Your Active Break itinerary outlines the details of each hotel that you will be staying in during your Active Break. Most of these hotels are of small-medium size and from time to time, a room may not be available at the time you have booked. If this occurs, we will book you into the closest available hotel of equivalent or better standard and advise you of this change by email before your Active Break commences.

8. Exclusions

Please refer to your Active Break Itinerary or Activity information

9. Age & Health requirements

Please refer to your Active Break Itinerary or Activity information

10. Travel insurance

Travel insurance is highly recommended for all our customers. Your travel insurance should provide cover against personal accident, death, medical expenses and emergency repatriation. We also strongly recommend that your policy covers cancellation, curtailment, personal liability and loss of luggage and personal effects.

11. Authority on an Active Break or during an Activity/Termination of Booking

By booking with Active Bali, you agree to accept the authority of the guide/driver/instructor and accept their decisions. Our staff and our partners’ staff are entitled to a safe working environment whilst other guests who may be participating in the same activity are entitled to a safe and enjoyable holiday. We reserve the right in our absolute discretion to terminate without further notice the booking arrangements of any client who refuses to comply with the instructions or orders of the Company staff or other responsible person whose behaviour, in their opinion, is likely to cause distress, damage, danger or annoyance to other clients, staff, any third party or to property. Upon such termination our responsibility for your booking ceases and we shall not be liable for any extra costs incurred by you.

12. Acceptance of risk

You acknowledge that the nature of Active Breaks and the Activities booked is adventurous and participation involves a degree of personal and physical risk. It is your own responsibility to acquaint yourself with all relevant travel information and the nature of your itinerary. You acknowledge that your decision to travel/participate in activities is made in light of consideration of this information and you accept that you are aware of the personal and physical risks attendant upon such participation. You acknowledge that the assumption of risk and warning above constitutes a ‘risk warning.

13. Limitation of liability

We contract with a network of companies and individuals to assist in the running of our Active Breaks and Activities as agent for these third parties. We are not responsible for the acts and omissions of these third parties. In consideration of your participation in an Active Break/Activity, to the extent permitted by law, you:

  • (a) release and will release us from all claims that you may have or may have had but for this release arising from or in connection with participation in the Active Break/Activity; and
  • (b) release and indemnify us against any claim which may be made by you or on your behalf for or in respect of or arising out of your death whether caused by the negligence or breach of contract by us or in any other manner whatsoever; and
  • (c) indemnify and will keep indemnified us to the extent permitted by law in respect of any claim by any person:
    • (i) arising as a result of or in connection with your participation in the Active Break/Activity; and
    • (ii) against us in respect of any injury, loss or damage arising out of or in connection with your failure to comply with the Active Break/Activity or our rules and/or directions,
      To the extent an Implied Warranty cannot be excluded, our liability in respect of the Implied Warranty is limited to (in our absolute discretion): (i) the provision of a similar trip to an equivalent value; or (ii) a refund of the total amount received by us from you in connection with your booking. Any claim by you is excluded to the extent that it is for indirect or consequential loss, loss of profits or economic loss, however it arises, or for indirect, special, punitive or exemplary damages.

14. Optional activities

Optional activities not included in your Active Break/Activity do not form part of the Active Break/Activity or this contract. You accept that any assistance given by your tour guide/driver/instructor or local representative in arranging optional activities does not render us liable for them in any way. The contract for the provision of that activity will be between you and the activity provider.

15. Claims & complaints

If you have a complaint about your Active Break/Activity please inform your Active Break guide or our Activity provider at the time in order that they can attempt to rectify the matter. If satisfaction is not reached through these means, then any further complaint should be put in writing to us within 7 days of the end of your Active Break/Activity. Complaints made outside this timeframe may not be considered.

16. Severability

In the event that any term or condition contained in these Booking Conditions is unenforceable or void by operation of law or as being against public policy or for any other reason then such term or condition shall be deemed to be severed from this contract or amended accordingly only to such extent necessary to allow all remaining terms and conditions to survive and continue as binding.

17. Photos and marketing

You consent to us using images of you taken during the trip for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium we choose. You grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable licence to use such images for publicity and promotional purposes.

If you do no consent to this, please email your non consent to us at info@activebali.com before your Active Break/Activity commences

18. Privacy policy

Our Privacy Policy is outlined in the Privacy Policy section of this website which can be accessed at the bottom of each webpage.

19. Applicable law

The laws of Indonesia govern these Booking Conditions to the fullest extent allowable. Any disputes in connection with a trip or these Booking Conditions must be initiated in the courts of Indonesia


We welcome feedback from all of our customers. Feedback on tour can be given to your tour guide. If wish to provide feedback after your Active Break/Activity please contact us by email on info@activebali.com or by telephone on +6287761434700

Contact Us